Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 232 - April Fool's Day and the Joke's no Joke

When I finished at the doctor's office last week I needed to use the ladies room. The receptionist gave me the key and I brought it back to the desk when I was finished with it. I  paid my bill and I headed for home. A little while later my cell phone rang. It was the doctor's office looking for the key. Immediately I thought I must have left it in the bathroom because I was sure I didn't have it - that is until I searched my handbag and there it was. I must have just dropped it into my purse when I reached in for my my wallet. I had to make a special trip to the post office the next day to mail the key back because I wasn't going to ask the cab driver to take me back to the doctor's office and then miss my train. Ugh.
 
Yesterday morning my hubby gave me the business card for our neighbor because she had offered to drive me to the train for my fibro doc visits. She has an unlisted number and I always keep her card in the kitchen drawer. I never really had a reason to call her - we talk when we see each other - but I wanted to set up a time for my ride to the station. He put the business card in my hand and then he left for work. When I was ready to call the neighbor to ask for a ride, I couldn't find the card. It is gone. I mean really gone. I looked and looked and it never did show up. I didn't want to go an knock on her door so I gave up my search and called a cab to get to the train station. Where could that card have gone? Darned if I know.
 
It got to be about three o'clock this afternoon and I was ravenously hungry. It didn't make much sense because I made myself a good lunch just a few hours before. I've been laying low today - no energy, feeling crummy, bad vision, that kind of thing. So I climbed out of bed and headed downstairs for a snack to appease my hunger. Have to admit I was just a bit surprised to see my lunch sitting on the counter - untouched. I forgot to eat my lunch after I made it and left the kitchen, then headed upstairs and plopped back into bed. I think I have just taken forgetfulness to a new level. It's April Fool's Day and I wish I could say that all this forgetfulness is my April Fool's joke, but It isn't. These are just the kinds of things I deal with every day. My memory was never terrific, but this is ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment