Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 257 - In the Right Place at the Right Time

Some people call it coincidence, others call it synchronicity and still others just call it being in the right place at the right time. Whatever you call it, it was perfect timing, and it led to a really nice evening. I had a hair appointment scheduled for yesterday afternoon but I couldn't keep my appointment because I just couldn't get off the couch. I guess I did too much celebrating on Sunday. Anyway, I rescheduled my appointment for late this afternoon and just happened to make the appointment at the exact same time as a dear college friend I haven't seen for a while. I walked in the hair salon just as she was finishing up, but she stayed on and sat with me while my hair stylist worked her magic. What could be more fun than sitting through a hair appointment chatting away with an old friend. Life has it's little surprises and tonight's was a really good one!

My friend and I were close way back in our college days. Through a social media site we connected again less than a couple of years ago and for a while we were getting together for coffee on a pretty regular basis. We stopped when I started being sick more frequently and it has been months since the last time we sat together over a cup of coffee. Girlfriends love to chat and that's what we got to do tonight. I haven't been very good lately about planning get togethers with friends or even family. It has been a long hard winter and I feel as if I have been hibernating. Tonight I felt vibrant and alive. I loved having time to chat and get caught up with everything that's been happening. I liked that I kept my energy through our time in the salon and right through our impromptu dinner at a favorite restaurant. Being in the right place at the right time sure worked out well for me.

If you had told me that my day would have turned into a ladies day out, I wouldn't have believed it. It started when my daughter called me at lunchtime and asked if I was free to get together. Of course I said yes, and slipped out at lunchtime so we could have a few minutes to chat and be together. It was a lovely and unexpected pleasure. When I got up this morning I wasn't feeling very well and I felt tired and dragged out most of the day. Being with strong, smart and wonderful women, like my daughter and my college friend, makes me feel empowered and definitely more energized. Being with women who know me and who let me off the hook when I feel like I can't give one hundred percent are much appreciated. Lately, I have been telling friends that maybe the best way to get together is to make plans at the last minutes when it seems it will work, rather than planning too far ahead and being disappointed because I have to cancel. I guess the universe heard me and slipped in a couple of last-minute, fun and relaxing get togethers today, just to prove that it's a good idea. It sure did work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment