Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 135 - My Gifts Aren't Always Wrapped in Pretty Paper

What a special day it has been - family gathered together, sharing gifts and laughter, all of us thankful for the love we share. It is such an exciting time for the little ones and us big kids get to have our share of fun, too. We always spend some time remembering Christmases past and the memories are filled with happy moments.

Now the day is done and as I look back - all the work and planning was sure worth it. There aren't many days of the year that bring out the best in everyone and Christmastime is that for me. I plan to hold onto the spirit of Christmas for as long as I can because Christmas is more than just a day at the end of the year. Christmastime holds an attitude of unselfish giving and joy that I can embrace all year long. The gifts in my life are many and aren't necessarily found under a tree or wrapped in pretty paper. I can appreciate all that I have been given every single day of the year. What a nice way to hold onto the happiness that Christmas brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment