Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 134 - 'Tis the Season

It's a busy day here - my daughter home, finishing up last minute things for tomorrow and getting ready for dinner here in a little while. It's an exciting time for me - even though I'm not a kid anymore! I love wrapping gifts and the anticipation of giving them. I love the songs and all the television shows from when my kids were little. I love the lights and the merriment. Last night we drove around town looking at the holiday lights and had a cup of cocoa and relaxed a bit. I think I had as much fun as my daughter did, ooohing and ahhhing over the pretty displays.

I am so blessed to have family around me at Christmas and I send prayers to those who are so much less fortunate than me. I don't take for granted the blessings in my life and I know that even though my health may be a bit of a challenge these days, there is much to be grateful for. So now I'll head downstairs and get out the pretty plates and make the table festive for my family. 'Tis the season to be jolly - and today I am one jolly lady! We are all ready for the big day tomorrow and I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment