Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 131 - Happy Birthday to Me!!

Today is my birthday and it's been a great day. I don't know if having my own personal holiday contributed to my well-being - but I have to say I felt really good all day. I treated myself to a massage after work this afternoon and it was relaxing and helped to untangle the knots in my back and neck. As I left, I could feel the difference and I sure hope the good feeling lasts.
 
Of course with a birthday comes family celebrations and I loved them, too. I'm lucky to have more than one celebration and it's fun! A bit of "happy cake", a few hugs and smooches, and I'm good to go! Nothing like a sloppy kiss from a little person to make the day complete. It's really a lovely tradition that we celebrate the birthdays of the people we love. It's nice to set some time aside from our busy lives to pause and let each other know they are loved and appreciated.
 
Every year I look back at the gifts life has given me since my last birthday. It has been a wonderful year and I make sure to count my blessings and express gratitude for all that life gives me. I couldn't ask for a more supportive family and my friends keep my spirits up. My work is good and I have plenty to keep me busy, if I want to be. I am another year older - but I hope a bit wiser. I've done this blog for four months now and I think it helps me to clear my head sometimes and to get me focused on what my priorities need to be. I have connected with wonderful and power-filled women who walk this same fibro path. I am a happy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment