Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 121 - Missed the Party - But That's Okay

Tonight I was supposed to get all dressed up to go to a big shindig with my hubby. He had to go, it was a work-relayed commitment, so I sent him off looking all shiny and handsome. I really wanted to go with him, but my doc says those kinds of events are too much energy for me to be expending at this point in my recovery. I didn't whine and complain about not being able to go (but I really wanted to). It's fun to get all dressed up and go on a date and I don't like being left behind. But, I promise myself that after I'm feeling better I'm going to make it up to my hubby and to myself. We deserve fun times as a couple and I feel like he's putting up with a lot these days with me being stuck on the couch. Missing fun things isn't much fun, but I can make the most of each day.
 
In addition to planning some fun stuff to do, weekends are a great time to kick back and re-group after a long week. Since I'm working on re-building my store of energy, I made today especially relaxing, and that felt great. I spent time reading, watching a movie, spending some time with the kids and taking a nap. It was the first time in six days I went out of the house and it was a beautiful winter day. I don't want to take anything for granted, especially good health, so I am concentrating on making the most of every day in terms of working on my wellness plan and choosing things to do that I enjoy.
 
The day is nearly over but even though I didn't get to go to the big party, it was a very good day. I am fine spending time by myself and I love that I can putter around the house and keep myself busy and engaged. I have always been a bit of a home body, so it really isn't so bad that I have to spend more time at home than I used to. Today is day one of my weekend and I have another day ahead of me to enjoy and to use to make my body stronger. I'm working hard on keeping my chin up and not getting discouraged by the slow pace of my recovery. Slow and steady progress is fine with me - as long as I'm still progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment