Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 133 - Vacation - A Time to Party, Rest, Think and Relax

It's official - no more work until after the first of the year - yippeeeeeeee! It feels great to know that whatever I left on my desk will wait there patiently for me to return and I'm not going to worry about it until then. It feels good to be on vacation - even though my plans don't include going away. I like that I'll be able to sleep in if I choose and take a nap in the afternoon without desperately needing it. I'll rest because it's vacation time - not because I'm having a bad day. I look forward to puttering around the house and getting to a few little projects I've put off. I'm going to make a cup of tea or coffee when I feel like it and sit down in a big comfy chair and enjoy it - not slug it down while I'm in my car, stopped at a traffic light. I am not going to get dressed up - its jeans and sweats for me! Well, except for the holiday get-togethers - I'll make an exception.
 
I've noticed that since I've been on my one activity per day routine, I am a bit more organized. I haven't been starting a lot of little things and not having the energy to finish them up. So I won't be spending my time off re-organizing. That's a plus! There are a few movies on my watch list and I'm going to be sure to get to a few of those. I didn't send out cards this year so I would like to get on the phone and wish some folks a happy holiday. I like the idea of unscheduled time and I am going to make sure I have plenty of it so I can conserve some of my energy and put it toward building my stamina and endurance.
 
One final plan for the holiday is to make sure I spend time in quiet contemplation. I love finishing up a year with some reflection - what's happened over the course of the past year? What's in the works? What state are my relationships in and what else can I do to tend to them? What are my blessings and who has been in my inner circle, supporting me every step of the way? How will I give thanks and show appreciation for my many blessings? All these questions need attention and a quiet mind and an open heart. Time away from the every day hustle and bustle affords me the luxury of having that time to myself. So I'm going to party a bit, rest a bit, think a bit and relax a lot. Sounds like it's going to be a perfect vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment