Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 308 - Travel Trouble - Just Couldn't Get it Right

Today was a travel day home from Sedona, AZ, back to New Jersey. On my way out to Arizona, I had everything planned out carefully but still had a few glitches. Coming home was even worse. I guess I'm not so good at the stress-free travel stuff. Once again, I planned things to be as routine as possible, with as little effort on my part as I could imagine. The shuttle picked me up on time at my resort and I had finished all my packing the afternoon before, so the morning wasn't the least bit of a rush. As a matter of fact, I did very little yesterday in anticipation of a long travel day today. But, one thing after another just went wrong!
 
I am not a fan of all of the TSA procedures ( I know, I know, they are for my safety) but the photo scan plus the pat down was a bit much for me, especially since they left me standing waiting for my fate for way too long. I get teary with that stuff so I powered on through and asked why I was singled out for both screenings. They said I was wearing a belt - I wasn't, so I lifted my shirt to prove it. Then she said I had something in my pocket. I didn't and thus, the pat down. So much for that. So I was a bit flustered leaving security and decided to walk off my stress and make the walk to my gate my exercise for the day rather than taking the little airport cart. No problem, except I went all the way to the end of the wrong terminal. I had to wait for the cart to come back for me and get me to the right place, some distance away. I got to the correct gate and realized I didn't have anything to eat or drink so I walked up to get something. I took the cart back because I was getting tired.
 
Now that I was settled, I opened up my carry-on to get out something to read and realized that in my state of being flustered with the TSA procedures, I left my computer behind at security. Now I had to take another trip back and find my computer which had already been taken down to the next floor to lost and found, and no I couldn't take the cart I had to walk. Geez. The TSA guy was nice and told me he would walk me down and that I would have to go through security again. At that, I lost it! I was blubbering and frustrated and annoyed and a lot of other not so pleasant emotions. And to add insult to injury, the drink I just bought had to go into the trash. So down we went and back through security with this angel of a man right by my side. I got back to my gate with only ten minutes to spare after having two hours and fifteen minutes before my flight when I got to the airport. I was exhausted. BUT, I am home safe and sound and I have a great plan for tomorrow to be my recovery day.

No comments:

Post a Comment