Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 297 - June is Rebuild Your Life Month - Imagine That

June is Rebuild Your Life Month. It is also Adopt A Shelter Cat Month, Fireworks Safety Month, National Accordion Awareness Month, National Bathroom Reading Month, National Candy Month, Potty Training Awareness Month and Turkey Lover's Month, among others. I like that there are times designated to kind of focus on things that may otherwise go unnoticed. I love turkey - who knew there was a time to celebrate that? I'm not a huge fan of bathroom reading, but I guess for some folks it's a good thing. I think that accordions have lost favor and June may be a good time to put that under-appreciated musical instrument back on the map. I think every month should be fireworks safety month because too many people play with fire crackers and get themselves hurt. I'm not at a point in my life where I need to pay attention to potty training anyone, but some increased awareness could come in handy if I took advantage of adopt a shelter cat month. June turns out to be a pretty busy month and there are at least another twenty things to pay attention to in June.
 
It caught my attention when I saw online that June was a month designated for re-building your life. I like that idea and June seems to be a good time for it. I always feel a bit more energized in the late spring and ready to take on projects that may have been sitting idle during the long cold days of winter. I feel more motivated and I see things with fresh eyes when the sun is shining and the weather is kinder and more comfortably predictable. This is also a good time to re-visit and re-commit to things that have worked in the past that I may have forgotten about, or to integrate a few fun summer things that will bring new energy to my life. But I think of my life as needing more of an update than a re-building. Kind of like freshening up a room rather than re-decorating it. I am happy at I am at peace in the life I am living and I am finding ways every single day to keep my life rich and certainly worth living.
 
There are lots of things in my life, both big and small, that can be edited to help me to continue to create my best life. I can make sure my surroundings are peaceful and beautiful so that when I have to spend lots of time alone and at home I can feel calm and relaxed rather than agitated and staring at what needs to be done. I can manage my stress level by not spending time worrying and focusing on the glass half-empty. I can choose action, or at the very least I can create a plan to help me get over life's hurdles. I can deal with conflict in my life in a calm and even-handed manner, expressing my needs and letting go of the outcome. As I think about re-building my life I can add habits that increase my wellness and strengthen my body. Even a single change can have a positive impact on my well-being. As long as I keep a positive attitude I can see possibilities where there are challenges and hope where others may see no resolution. Even though June is the month designated for rebuilding your life - I can continue to focus on effective life strategies every month of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment