Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 307 - A Balanced Week and a Fine Vacation

This is my last day of my Sedona vacation and it was all I hoped it would be, In addition to spending fun time with my sister, who lives far from me I was able to focus on what I needed each day to increase my sense of well-being. I was careful not to overdo it and yesterday was the only day that I did too much and I could tell today, because I was pretty wiped out. But, I knew I was going to be alone today, with no car and more body work scheduled so yesterday I indulged myself and pushed a bit, and had some fun while I was doing it! This is a place where I could stay very busy and there are countless places to visit and be awed. But I have learned the lesson of pacing myself so the week went as planned.
 
There are so many aspects to wellness that is seems like a small miracle when everything comes together to create perfect balance. I need alone time, people time, deep relationships and casual friendships I need beauty and calmness as much as I love busyness and excitement. I love to sleep and I am happy to be awake and alert. I need yummy food and I need discipline when it comes to choosing what is best for me and my body. I love new places and new things and I flourish in the cozy and familiar. I love to give and I am happy to receive. I love to travel and I am always happy to head back home again. I cherish my femininity and I love to be a tomboy. I am a good listener (well, I try) and I love to have all kinds of conversations. I am cooperative but I have a mind of my own. I love to be outside and play and I struggle to find the right amount of activity to keep my body strong and flexible and my fatigue under control. Striking a balance is a real challenge.
 
This week has felt balanced for me. I had time alone and I need that quiet to get back to myself. My sister and I did some exploring, but we kept our activity in short bursts followed by time to rest and restore. I drank plenty of water to keep myself hydrated and I used my sunscreen so I never got a sun burn. I explored things spiritual and some things historical or practical. I swam in the pool and ate my (healthy) lunch in the shade. I was careful and paid attention to my body and I have to say I never once felt limited or deprived, even though I was treating myself with kid gloves. I am convinced that if I do the right thing, whatever that is for me, in a given moment, I will stay on a right path of healing. There are no formulas, no maps and certainly no guarantees. But I just finished up a wonderful week, listening and heeding my body's messages and I think I did find balance. Not perfection - balance. And that seems like a pretty good thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment