Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 302 - Vacation - Day One. Sleep, Sleep, Sleep

If I ever have any doubt about the impact my schedule has on the way I feel, travel makes it very clear to me. I slept twelve hours last night after flying to my vacation destination. I got through my day through adrenaline and naps on the plane and on the shuttle that took me to my final destination, There were a few glitches in my travel plans but I tried to take them in stride so that added stress wouldn't burn up precious energy. My room wasn't ready so instead of getting settled in I had to go out to eat. Good meal, but I would have preferred room service, eating with my feet tucked under me, sitting on the couch.

I finally got settled in and decided it was time to open up the box of meds I sent to myself so they would be ready for me at my destination, I sliced open the packing tape, opened the box and found somewhere near 250 pills tumbling around in the package! The packing pillows had deflated (probably popped from the heat) and so the med boxes all opened, spilling their contents. It took me almost an hour to get all of them back in their proper places. I was tired, I wanted to go to sleep, but before I could I had to get this straightened out so I could take my final round of meds before bed. Not fun.

I finally got to sleep at ten (1:00 am in my own time zone) and slept long and hard. I woke up a couple of times, once with a screaming headache to take migraine meds, and a couple of times when the phone rang in the morning. Even though I slept a total of twelve hours, I felt like I could sleep some more, but I had to eat. I got up, ate my breakfast and then went back to bed until it was time for my massage. The massage gave me some energy and I am still riding that wave three hours later. I plan to make tonight an early night again and I hope my body will cooperate by going to sleep so that I can have a more normal day tomorrow. My body doesn't like travel or change. I didn't plan on doing anything today, except to rest so that maybe tomorrow I can have a little bit of vacation fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment