Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 169 - What's Difficult One Day Becomes Effortless the Next

Maybe all this rest I've been getting ovet he past couple of weeks is starting to pay off. Or maybe it's just that my stress level has been reduced by getting away from the daily demands of my everyday life. Whatever it is, today I really felt the creativity flowing and I had a great time tonight playing with my beads again and making some jewelry. I know I'm on a roll when whatever I'm making just kind of happens. When I'm tired, sick or stressed out I can stare at my beads and poke them around, reorganize them and start a couple of things, but nothing gets finished and I certainly don't feel inspired. I started playing with the beads last night and by tonight I really got into it and made a couple of things that really pleased me.
 
Creativity doesn't come easily if I'm not feeling my best. There's a state of mind I have to enter for it all to be able to flow. What's difficult one day becomes effortless on another. What seems uninspiring at one point in time all of a sudden becomes a point of not just inspiration, but motivation as well. I like the feeling of having something come together and I also like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I have made something that gives me or someone else pleasure. I can't be creative on demand and it frustrates me when I want to be and it just doesn't happen, it's a state of being. There are certainly strategies I can use to get the creative juices flowing, but if I'm not feeling well, on any level - physically, emotionally or spiritually, I can just forget it.
 
Today wasn't a spectacular day as far as how I was feeling physically, but I was feeling relaxed. I know that stress plays a very big part in the sense of well-being I experience each day. I can be happy even when I'm stressed, but I experience my personal energy differently. I like the way I feel when my mind is clear and I'm not feeling the pressure of responsibilities hanging over my head. I've been taking a bit of a break from all that and I think it is doing me good. I'm noticing that when I don't have uninterrupted alone time each day I really miss it. I know that my stress level goes down when I can unwind and let go of the racing thoughts in my mind. I know that I nurture my creativity when I am conscious of what I need to create that comfort and sense of well-being. Creativity is only one of the aspects of myself that flourishes when I am taking good care of myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment