Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 150 - Looking Ahead to Brighter Tomorrows

I know it's almost eight months away, but I have my vacation plans made for the end of next summer. My hubby and I will be spending a week at the beach with my daughter and already, I can't wait! I love the idea of being near the water, lazing the days away, looking to catch a breeze, walking down to the local ice cream parlor or sitting and watching the waves break. I look forward to the warm and to the relaxed, to some familiar places we've been and maybe a few we haven't discovered yet. What I look forward to most of all is that I will have completed this planned year of recovery. I will start my vacation just a week or so after I've completed my 365 Days. I see myself at the end of next summer feeling vibrant and alive, healthy and rested, alert and busy doing the things I love to do.
 
The idea of picturing myself all well and healed is very appealing to me. Its kind of like putting myself out there as a picture of health and then growing into that picture. I'll begin by seeing myself healthy and functioning the way I used to - excited, enthusiastic, busy and filled with energy. My eyes bright and clear, standing tall and with some pep in my step. I will continue to work with my Lady Doc with meds and supplements, I'll eat the right foods, get regular sleep, avoid over-doing it and I'll stay on top of what's new  in the fields of fibro and fatigue so I can make good decisions about my treatment plan.
 
My overall goal is to be healthier than I would have been without a plan and to maximize the possibility that I can be as healthy as I've ever been. Research says there is no cure for fibro or chronic fatigue. That's okay. I still plan to regain every tiny bit of what I've lost and then some. Will I reach my goal? Maybe I will and maybe I won't. I won't know until I've tried and what I can be sure of is that I am making my best effort. I am staying positive, pro-active and hopeful. I have a doctor I trust and a family that supports me. I have friends that care and co-workers who are my partners. Even though I have fibro I have a wonderful life. I have more blessings than I can count and I feel optimistic about my tomorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment