Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 145 - Today I Finished Strong

When I got up this morning I wasn't sure I was going to make it into work. It was a really slow start and I sat down multiple times while I was getting ready. I had a good night's sleep but that didn't seem to make this morning any easier. Most mornings start off a little shaky but by now I know myself well-enough to know if things are going to improve or if it's just going to be another lost day. So I trusted my instincts and just kept doing whatever was next. It may seem strange to have to take rest periods just from the effort of getting ready in the morning, but that's just the way it is for me.
 
One of the things that happens on a rough morning like this one, is that it takes me so long to get out of the house. In addition to doing all the stuff ladies to do feel put together, I make sure to take my meds and have breakfast before I step out of the door. It would only work against me not to do those things when I am already low on energy. I am so grateful that my job has flexibility and I don't have to fly out the door at the crack of dawn the way so many folks do each day. If that was what I had to do, I wouldn't be working. I arrived at the office a little later than I wanted to and got right down to work. There is a lot going on and we just had over a week off, so there was a lot on my plate. That's okay because I love what I do.
 
As the day went on I could feel my momentum building and I was able to shake off the morning fog. It was close to lunchtime when I finally felt my head clear. I met with a couple of folks in the morning and found my talk got all mixed up and I wasn't able to explain myself as clearly as I intended to. We kind of laughed it off, but I feel embarrassed and annoyed when I  am confused and unclear. I wound up working longer than I thought I would and returned home feeling really good about my day. One of the characteristics of fibro and fatigue is not knowing how I'm going to feel each day, or even at different times of the day Today I finished strong, then I came home and got comfy on the couch and rested up to do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment