Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 149 - Today I Messed Up, but What's Done is Done

Uh, oh. I think I overdid it today. I didn't mean to but I just got caught up in some "have to's" and before I knew it the day got away from me. It started with a meeting this morning that was postponed from yesterday because of the snow. It was a great meeting and I came out of it feeling energized and enthusiastic. I got home and looked around at what needed to be done to get the house completely back in order after the holiday and I just wanted to get it behind me. So I dug in and got it finished
 
After that I realized I had to get my meds organized for the week and that takes a while, plus I am planning a trip so I had to get all of my renewals and re-orders in place. So now that's done. My brother-in-law just arrived from Oregon for a visit and I went into the spare room to make sure it was in order and realized that the sheets on the bed were a size too big (so much for getting help with household chores) so I had to re-make the bed which I hadn't planned on. It was just one thing after another. Add to that, answer a few phone calls, get ready for tomorrow's meeting and fold some laundry. So much for pacing.
 
So, how do I know it was too much? Because I am in pain and I'm beat. I have been pretty good these past weeks at pacing myself and I sure notice it when I've done too much. What concerns me is that I have to work again tomorrow (because of the snow) and I have a very busy week coming up. I've mapped out my week so each day doesn't have too much in it, but there isn't a day that can give me a breather. The one thing I notice is when I get all fired up and happy about something, is that energy just carries me through the day and that's when I am most likely to overdo it. I was a energized today, but I used up every bit of my reserve. What's done is done. I messed up and tomorrow I plan to do better .

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking that we should reschedule dinner then! Call me.

    ReplyDelete