Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 153 - This or Something Better

Day 153 - This or Something Better
 
This or something better. That's my prayer when things are changing and I'm feeling unsure of the outcome. That little prayer is an affirmation I use to keep me feeling balanced and optimistic. When something isn't working out the way I thought it would, I let go and ask that it remain as good as it is now and if it has to change then to please, make it something better. When I was dating my hubby, we went through a period where we weren't ready for where our relationship was taking us. We took a break that lasted almost a year. I knew I wanted the relationship to work out but I had no idea if we would get back together or not. So during that year my prayer was for us to be together. So my prayer was for what we had or something better. 
 
Last night I got a phone call that my the fibro center in NY is closed. I was told I could go to Pennsylvania or Connecticut to continue my treatment. I was upset and afraid that I would lose my wonderful Lady Doc. I do believe that everything happens for a reason even if the reason isn't evident in the moment. I took a deep breath and started affirming, this or something better, this or something better. I continue to learn that I must accept things that are beyond my control (even if it takes a little while and I sometimes indulge in some whining and a bit of complaining along the way). I need to recognize when I can make a change happen and then decide what I can do to make things better. I can't re-open the center so what I do know is that I have three choices - stay with my Lady Doc outside of the fibro center, go to Connecticut or go to Philadelphia. After thinking through those options I know that the decision I made is even better for me than being with the Long Island Center.
 
I am a person who needs to trust my doctor and I have bounced around from doctor to doctor too many times to want to go looking again. I have absolute confidence in my Lady Doc and I know that she is the best one to lead me to wellness. So I am going to stay with her. I appreciate that there are issues I know little about with the fibro center closing. I have to say that my experience with the fibro center has been only positive, from my doc to the folks in the office, to the nurse available to me for my questions, to the website and all the products and supplements that have been re-building my health. I would have preferred that things remained the same, but if my prayer is answered this will be better for me. My Lady Doc's office is easier to get to than the fibro center was and I think my insurance will kick in to cover more of my medical expenses. I am on this road to recovery and there is nothing that will stop my commitment to working on my health. I'm in it for the long whole and my Lady Doc is my partner in health. This or something better is my prayer.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment