Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 142 - Bringing Good Stuff Forward and Leaving Bad Stuff Behind

There are things about this past year that I am going to bring into the new one - all the things that make me happy are coming along. All the people that are dear and wonderful are coming along, too. I am bringing my  plan for better health and my enthusiasm for my work and my interests. I am bringing my faith, my strength, my optimism and my determination. I am bringing my sense of wonder and my curiosity. I am also going to bring my love of nature and belief in miracles. I am going to bring love and compassion for my fellow man and my participation in organizations that do good in the world. I am going to bring the best of me.
 
There are some things I want to leave behind as well - like my grumpy moods and my feelings of frustration and discouragement, my tendency toward disorganization and my forgetfulness. I want to leave my migraines behind as well as all of the other aches and pains that annoy me and slow me down. I am going to leave behind sleepless nights and morning fog as well as my crashes and bad days with fibro. I am going to leave everything behind that drained my energy rather than replenishing it. I will leave behind any and all grudges or disagreements that weren't worth the effort in the first place and I am going to leave behind any bad habits or not-so-bad habits that don't serve me.
 
It's a new year and I was awake to bring it in. It was meaningful to me to be in that moment and to welcome in a year that has to be better than the one that just ended. I am going to pay attention this year and be fully present. I am given only one moment at a time, with no guarantees. I am committed to making the most of every moment given to me in this new and wonderful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment