Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 144 - A Day to Replenish My Energy

Yesterday I started putting away all of the holiday decorations and I made good progress with my hubby's help. I was good about quitting before I got too tired, but I have to admit I don't like the chaos that is left behind while I'm in the middle of that kind of project. I really wanted to keep going, but I did stop before I was finished. Most of the boxes are up in the attic, but there are a few yet to be filled. And even though the holiday things are packed away, the things that usually filled those spaces are still boxed and need to be arranged. This in-between time is kind of messy and I want my house back in order. I'd like to wave a magic wand and have it all done.
 
I thought I didn't do too much yesterday, but I guess I did. Today was a couch day and I didn't want it to be. It wasn't a huge crash, but every time I got up it was clear that I needed to sit back down. So today was not productive in terms of getting "stuff" done, but it was important as a day of replenishing my energy. I haven't slept well the past couple of nights and I think that is impacting me today, too. After being off this past week, I can see that not working is easier on my body. But I am not ready to give up my work. Tomorrow morning may or may not be a bit of a struggle, but I will do my best to take care of myself in a way that gets me through the day in the healthiest way.
 
When I am in a slump I am working to pay attention to what turns it around. Today nothing did. I took all of my meds and supplements and I ate healthy foods all day. I drank my water and avoided the foods on my stay-away-from list. I took a short nap this afternoon but didn't wake up feeling refreshed. So it's clear that this day was meant for recuperation and that's how I used it. I am in tune with my body and it is calling the shots these days but I plan that it will not always be so. One of these days I plan to turn the corner and start to really feel the results of my efforts. I have noticed that I don't crash as severely as I used to and that's a really big deal. Today was a tired day - but not that sick nasty tired that can overcome me. I think that is real progress and in this new year I am going to keep heading toward that kind of progress.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Diana! You are relentless .. and realizing that rest is part of the package is something to be relentless about, too. I decided to leave my tree up for the entire weekend. I was a bit late putting it up and will miss the lights. I planned to take it down today, but it proved to be a bit of a listless day for me as well. I'll get to it in the morning. I am so glad to hear you are doing better. Mind sharing which foods are on your avoid list? You've piqued my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete