Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 333 - Risky for Me - Routine for You

I was driving down a local highway today, on my way to pick up my big ole fluffy dog who needed a bath and a trim. I glanced out of the passenger side window and saw an older woman (who presumably should have known better) trimming the hair over her lip with a tiny pair of scissors. I really couldn't believe my eyes so I slowed down to take another peek and my initial observation was confirmed. Amazing. Driving at 50 mph and grooming her upper lip and thinking nothing of it. I was surprised that this lady thought this was the very best moment to do her personal grooming, but who I am I to say? I suppose I have had my own share pf personal lapses, but I think I'll save my shaving for the privacy of my own home. It got me to thinking about the choices we make and the risks we take.
 
I keep plodding along, doing what I am supposed to be doing to get my health back to where it used to be. I am not engaging in risky behavior with my diet, my sleeping or not taking my meds. I am resting each day and when I overdo it a bit, I pull back and get myself back on track. I feel confident that I am on the right track and I can see that I have made some progress. I was talking to my dear cousin (who also has fibro, bless her heart) and I was telling her that I think my fibro is getting to be under control. My pain is well managed, my migraines are much less frequent and my wandering pains are all but disappeared. It's the chronic fatigue that is my nemesis. I just cannot fight the endless fatigue that hits whenever I do anything beyond just the very basics in life. Chronic fatigue carries many of the same symptoms as fibro so distinguishing the two isn't easy, but I am thrilled that I am feeling less pain and that my sleep has improved.
 
When I see someone who is putting their life at risk by doing something as silly as trimming hair while driving I get a little annoyed, well make that really ticked off. I am struggling every single day to keep my life together. Every decision I make impacts the way I feel and every time I crash I review my choices to see if there is something I could have done differently. I am working hard on recovering as much of my health as I can and I can't afford risky behavior. For me risky is as simple as not getting enough sleep or skipping my meds. It bugs me that someone will knowingly put their own well-being at risk when I have to put so much effort into getting through my day. But, at the end of the day, it's not any of my business what other people do, risky or not. I have to be responsible for my own choices and make choices that promote my well being.

1 comment:

  1. If we speak about any disease, it would create a negative effect in our body. Rather we will not be able to be free and move conveniently due to the effect of disease. A condition in human body that makes us suffers due to pain, tenderness of muscles, stiffness and tenderness of joints. There are some peculiar symptoms of having theses disease. Some of the major symptoms are restless sleep, chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety and problem in bowel movement. The disease named above is very well known as an effect that makes our muscles rigid. Though there are many experiment conducted by our medical team to have an analysis about the same, yet the cause is not known to us perfectly. Findrxonline on your website indicates that It is true that fibromyalgia is such a disease that does not cause body deformity or damage but the pain makes a person to suffer like hell. Another advantage of the disease is putting no harm to the internal parts of body.

    ReplyDelete