Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 262 - Heading West for Adventure and Healing

Next month I am taking a trip to one of my very favorite places - I am heading back to Sedona, Arizona. I have had this trip planned since this past winter as part of my quest to do whatever I can do to be well. There is something about the healing energy in Sedona that very much agrees with me. I have been twice in the past two years and I am very much looking forward to another visit to this amazing place. Sedona has a world-wide reputation as a spiritual mecca. Nestled in majestic red rocks, Sedona is incredibly beautiful and awe-inspiring. Individuals who visit there feel more hopeful, renewed, regenerated, more creative and with greater mental clarity as well as a sense of inner harmony. There are several energy vortexes that scientists describe as having an energy that stimulates people at a deep and powerful level.
 
The first time I traveled to Sedona it was with my seventy-something massage therapist. She had been working with me for over twenty years. When I went in for a massage she promptly told me that I was a mess and I needed a visit to Sedona and she was taking me there, So we went together later that summer and it was incredible. We did some things together and I did lots of things alone. But everything I did seemed to wash me in a feeling of nurturing comfort. The things I chose to do matched the energy of my day. Some days my activity choices were quiet and contemplative, on other days I chose something more adventurous and had me out in nature. It was all good and once I got home I felt an afterglow that lasted for at least a little while. When I went on that trip I was secretly hoping that I would have a surge of wellness that was measurably different, but that didn't happen.
 
My last trip was just a year ago and I went with my hubby. In the year between trips I noticed a real difference in what I was able to take on in a day. I hiked less, rested more and was more conscious of pacing myself. This next trip will find me with even less energy than last time. It is okay though. The trip will give me what I need at this point in time and I am going without expectation. I look forward to the expansive beauty that will surround me, the drama of the rugged red rocks and the sense of peace that comes from being in a place filled with spirit. My sister is going with me and she hasn't been before. It will be fun to explore some of the places I have already been and we may well discover a few new adventures. While I am there I will soak in whatever nourishes me and do whatever seems to serve me best in a given moment. I am going back to a place that knows how to take care of me and I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment