Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 226 - Managing Meds is a Part Time Job

 Worked around the house today. That was good. Spent some time visiting with family and that was really good, too. Saturdays are meant for a little bit of this and a little bit of that and that's how the day turned out for me. I am sticking with my plan of do a little rest a little. It certainly took longer to get everything done, but it worked out pretty well. Yesterday I ran a couple of errands so today was an in the house day. That was fine, too. I like when the weekend is just a routine, no pressure, no real plans and nothing to make me have to get all gussied up and I can just hang out in my jeans.The one thing that doesn't work so well on these unstructured kind of days is staying on track with my meds and supplements. 
 
When I am heading out to work it seems easier to remember to take what I need to take, when I need to take it. I kept getting distracted today so I kind of got off track. By the time I head off to bed I should be able to get in all the doses of all the stuff I'm taking. My routine starts with a pill as soon as my feet hit the floor and I have to remember to take something at least ten times a day. It's almost like I have to do one thing or another nearly every waking hour. It gets to be a bit much and I have to be really disciplined to remember every does of every med every day. Weekends make that hard. I start after breakfast with a handful of pills, then there's the hormone cream and my vitamin D drops, and then the d-ribose drink three times a day and my energy drink and then more pills during the day and then more pills at dinnertime, then a sub-lingual and then another handful of pills before I go to sleep. Yep. It was just another routine day.
 
The weekends come around and we get time off, but I don't ever get a day off from my meds and supplements or my fibro. There are days when I feel pretty good, but I still am reminded of the fibro because I have to focus on taking all my concoctions. There are days I feel like having fibro is like having a part-time job. I have to remember to order my supplements and meds, organize them, pay for them and remember to take them when I'm supposed to. It's alright though. I am grateful that I am on a plan to keep my health balanced and as good as it can be. I have to stay focused and I have to stay on top of my game. I don't get a day off, but I know that every day I do what I'm supposed to do, is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment