Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 218 - Good-bye Harsh - Hello Mild

There isn't much I like better than the first day in early spring that I can open the windows and let in the sweet, fresh air. As soon as the temperature hit sixty this morning I threw open the sliders and opened the porch windows as wide as they could go. Immediately, the room was filled with spring and I took a deep, long breath that filled me with a sense of a new beginning. I walked outside and noticed more trees budded, the daffodils getting taller and the birds singing louder. I think of spring as a time for things to get bigger and better - the trees and flowers are in full bloom and everything looks rich and lush. I feel expansive and ready to shed the harshness of winter - all gray and brittle.
 
I want to leave the house behind and get myself outside once spring hits. I think about the beach and the mountains and sitting on the porch reading or relaxing. I can't wait to leave the house without grabbing my coat and I am tired of clunky shoes and boots, heavy socks and layers. I am so looking forward to wearing soft summery colors, and going barefoot. When it's warm, I like to start my day eating breakfast out on the porch, or sitting on the front patio with a glass of iced tea. When the weather is mild life feels so much easier and it seems that maybe the fibro will be is less of a big deal when the sun is shining and I'm feeling renewed by the change of seasons.
 
It's tough not to feel well when nature beckons and I want to be outside and not stuck feeling miserable. Today was like that. I really wanted to go for a drive or a walk and spend some time outside, but my couch won the battle. I know it's a bad day when I really want to be out and I just don't have the energy to get myself going. So, I made the most of the warm day and made sure the curtains were pulled back and that I was right in the flow of the breeze that softly blew throughout the day. When I got dressed, I made sure I wore something light and comfortable that reminded me that tough weather times are behind me. I spent a lot of time on my laptop and it felt good to have a few brief conversations and get a little bit of work accomplished. It's getting to be dinner time and we are supposed to have dinner with my in-laws. I am going to get myself together and have a nice evening. It's a beautiful day and I intend to enjoy what's left of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment