Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 211 - Pruning Bushes in My PJs - Just Another Fibro Day

Some things just can't wait. Every time I come into the house I pass by a beautiful shrub we planted two springs ago. Last summer it got very leggy. My hubby tied it to a support to keep it upright, and planned to cut it back in the fall. The fall came and went without doing the pruning since it seemed the only time we thought about it, was on the way in or out of the house. So here it is, less than two weeks form the start of spring and the bush hasn't been pruned. I know that it must be done before it starts to bud and the shrub right near it has tiny little pink buds at the end of each branch. It was fairly warm today and will be for the next few days so I figured it was now or never.
 
It's been a serious couch day. I crawled off the couch at around three o'clock when the fog and exhaustion was finally starting to clear and got something to eat. After I ate, I started to feel a bit better. The UPS guy left a package at the door and rang the bell. When I went to get it, I once again noticed the flopping branches. I thought to myself, it's time to get this done. So I pulled on my sneakers and put a fleece over my pajama top and headed out to take care of business. How ridiculous -  I had just spent the better part of the day flat on my back and here I was outside, pruning a Grape Myrtle bush. Just goes to show there is no rhyme or reason to how I might feel at a given point in my day. If you had asked me at noontime if I was going to be outside pruning, I would have just groaned, rolled over and ignored the question as being totally preposterous.
 
I continue to be fascinated by the irregularity of my hours, my days and my weeks. Each has more ups and downs than a Six Flags Roller Coaster minus the thrills. The human body is such a miraculous piece of machinery that I am amazed when anyone is healthy and nothing goes wrong. With my energy system so out of whack, it has become an object of curiosity to me. I am filled with why questions that have no real answers. Sure, I have my list if what is going wrong where, but the fact that all this stuff was somehow triggered is amazing and hugely complicated. So I question - what did it take to tip the balance and what will it take to bring me back to center? It's pretty crazy that I can go from bad to fine to great to terrible to awful back to great and all the way to super in one tiny, little week, Amazing. Really, really amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment