Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 83 - Little Lady Meets Big City

Heading off to NYC today. It's exciting to think about spending some time in the big city learning some good stuff, hanging with my work team and meeting new folks from all around the country. I'm staying near Rockefeller Center which is a really nice part of town. I don't go into the city as much as I used to but I hope this trip starts a trend in that direction. I'm not a huge fan of the crowds, but there isn't anywhere else that has the same energy and I'll be happy to be a part of it.

I used to travel quite a lot for work and I must say I don't miss it. Now I like to take trips with an agenda of fun, exploration, relaxation and good food. One of my goals is to visit all fifty states and I have seen thirty- nine already. I'm going to save those last few for a retirement trip and do the northwest all in one trip. I really appreciate the different cultures around this country and certainly around the world. That's one of the reasons I like NYC - you meet folks from every corner of the globe and we're all doing the same thing - making it through our day and trying to be happy and a part of what's going on around us.

My day is starting very early and I have to be sure to pace myself at this conference. My intention is to be a full participant and get as much out of this experience as I can. I am also going to be sensitive to my own needs and take breaks when I need them, eat healthy food and get a good night's sleep. I'm going to do the best I can with what I have to work with and meet this challenge with curiosity, an open mind and with lots of enthusiasm!

1 comment: