Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 84 - Just a Plain Kind of Tired

This was an awesome day! It was fun being in the city with my team mates and it was a perfect day for walking. It was sunny, just the right autumn temperature and I was dressed perfectly for the weather so I felt comfortable and energized being here. Our meeting place and hotel are really cool and just what you would expect when you think of working in NYC - conference room high-tech, and my hotel room about the size of a large suburban bathroom! I ate yummy food and even stayed with my eating plan. Everything just seemed to fall into place. There are busy days and there are BUSY days! Today a was a whirlwind and I am feeling really good about it. I have a real passion for my work and today was a day to focus on what I love to do with other people who are equally passionate. I love working with my team and we got to talk with some great people who share our enthusiasm for the work we do.

Now the day is behind me and it's time to  do my daily writing. It was such a great day and I put so much energy into it, I don't think I've got much left to work with. This could be a challenge. To say I'm tried would be putting it mildly. I am beat! But, here's the good news, it feels like a plain-old run-of-the-mill anybody-would-feel-this-way kind of exhausted. I love that I am tired just like everyone else at this conference who got ready for being here by packing or traveling, then spent the day meeting new people, processing lots of information, doing a lit bit networking at the end of the meeting and then needing to get something to eat for dinner. I am not alone in this kind of fatigue. Actually, I am happy to feel a normal kind of done! It's not my typical bedtime, but I sure am ready to get into my jammies and crawl into bed. I was smart not to go out to dinner with my colleagues. I didn't need to spend the little bit of energy I have left chatting it up and being on my best behavior at a restaurant. Eating in my room let me relax, check in at home and then eat my dinner quietly. I have some time to get caught up on my messages and get myself organized for day two.

Tomorrow is going to be another long day and I want to be mentally and physically prepared. My colleagues are really supportive and we help each other out whenever we can and that makes a huge difference. When one person needs to hang back, another moves forward and we typically get done whatever we set our minds to. Each of my teammates talked at the end of the day about their tiredness and I could relate. I could understand their fatigue and I was right there with them. Tomorrow we go back and do it all again. If I'm tired tomorrow night - so be it. It's the kind of tired I earned and that's just the way it is for all of us. Today's tiredness doesn't need to be unique to me or related in any way to fibro - I'm tired because I've thrown myself into my life and I got a little worn out. What could be better than that?  Guess it's time to hop into bed and get some sleep. I've got a big day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment