Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 93 - Another Day of Gratitude

Today I am feeling a sense of gratitude and appreciation. I sometimes think I couldn't love my life more than I do. I know it's messy and complicatred and I have a to do list and a please don't list that needs attention. I have bills to pay and things to figure out. But I am happy with my life. I am so blessed to be where I am doing what I'm doing with the people I'm doing it with. I have friends from eons ago and new friends as well. I have a family that is just a tiny bit whacky and filled with its own definition of love and caring that seems to balance out at the end of the day. I love my work and my job and I am thankful that both have given me so much joy. I like the way it keeps me on my toes and nudges me forward into learning and growth.

I appreciate where I live and the fact that I have a pillow under my head and warm blankets to cover me. I have food in the fridge and a few take out places that tickle my taste buds. I am especially thankful for a hubby who grocery shops and a grocer that delivers. I am thankful that when I lok out my window I see trees and if I walk a couple of blocks there is a pond with ducks and a few little fish. How could I want more? The place where I live is close to family and I can get where I need to go without too much drama. I know there are plenty of people who struggle far more than I do and I pray for them and at the same time pray that there is prosperity for us all.

Each day I give thanks, I am reminded that I am where I am because of a combination of effort, positive thinking and of course, many blessings. I don't really believe in luck because I believe that every choice I make puts me on a road that will eventually become my path in life. I don't believe my hardships are necessarily bad because they have helped to shape me and my character. It seems to me that anything that comes too easily carries with it the risk of going away just as effortlessly. So today I will include fibro as a blessing in disguise. Why? Because it has shifted my work into a new and excitng direction, it has made me look at what's important and to live my life through that filter, it is causing me to take my health seriously in a culture where it is too easy to just let it slide, and I have met new and wonderful people. In addition, I am putting my thoughts down each day and finding a new discipline that suits me quite well. Everybody gets something eventually and if this is what I've got, I'll deal with it. Along the way I'll pay attention to the lessons it brings and keep my focus on getting stronger in body, mind or spirit each day.

3 comments:

  1. Really liked this post...I do believe good and bad is for a reason...its just unfortunate that the bad can hurt and last along time, but your postive attitude will get you far...I pray for you each and every Sunday during service and each time I read your posts, I hope you and your family receive what you need, if the fibro being cured isn't the answer, I hope that whatever you need to forfill the rest of your life is...you were a wonderful innovative teacher to me some 35 years ago and again reading these posts you are still being that wonderful teacher for all of us who take the time to read your posts...life lessons, a teacher isn't always a person who stands up in front of a classroom full of students preaching a some foreign subject that they need to learn, a teacher to me is one that makes you want to learn. You are that teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! My wife has been fighting fibro for almost 4 years. It's a constant struggle finding and limiting her triggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind support.

    ReplyDelete