Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 76 - You and Me - Perfect Together...Day 76 and Counting

Yesterday was Day 75 of my daily writing. I feel really good about sticking with this, even on days when I didn't think I could get it done. The start to my writing coincided with a much needed two week vacation, so doing my daily entry just became part of my new away-from-home routine. After I got back, it got a little harder to find a chunk of time to write as well as to gather my thoughts and find a bit of inspiration that could fuel my words. I found that quieting my mind and letting my thoughts drift usually led me to something that felt important to me or had relevance in my day and in my recovery. I have a whole bunch of "starts" saved in my computer that never went anywhere. I began writing and the topic just didn't hold my interest or didn't flow. And it's interesting - those saved pieces don't do me much good when I go back to them on a day that my writing feels blocked. I try to work from one of them and it just doesn't happen. Darn! But I've found unless my topic is in the moment, it just feels forced and too hard to write. When the words flow, it feels the right track for that day.
 
I am sharing with you, Dear Reader, bits and pieces of my day and my life that give it meaning, direction and focus. I'm asking myself some hard questions and then sharing my thoughts with you, hoping that we will connect in a meaningful way. Some of it feels good to share and some of it feels a little risky because I am telling you about me, warts and all. When I am feeling ill, I feel like I have lost a bit of me and this writing and the now collection of seventy-five pieces gives me a feeling of confidence and the belief that this journey is heading in the right direction, regardless of the outcome. I've had to persevere, think things through, keep my heart and mind open and to look at life from different perspectives. This exercise is keeping me motivated and engaged, excited and appreciative. I love that we share a few minutes of each day and, form the bottom of my heart, I Thank You for being with me. It means more than you could know. 
 
So, on Day 76 I am focusing on what got me to Day 75. I feel so blessed to have you following me along on this journey. I love hearing from you. It does seem that we share so much on a human level, not just the fibro stuff, that it is becoming a connection that I really enjoy and look forward to continuing. It's also about the fact that I am writing for my wellness not with a sense of pressure to get this done daily, or feeling guilty if I don't post one day. Even though this has become part of my routine, my discipline in working toward wellness, and a path for me to express what's on my mind and in my heart - it is FUN!!! I read that if I have a goal that I want to reach, instead of saying "I will ...." The more motivating strategy is to ask myself "Will I accomplish this?" Then, answer, "Yes!". I have asked that question on many days and I can see that my answer has been, "Yes" each and every time for the past seventy-five days. Oh, just 289 to go! Will I do 365? For sure!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing...I love you warts and all!!!!

    ReplyDelete