Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 6 - Bring it On!

Today was a better day than most. I was slow getting my energy flowing, but by eleven or so I was ready to take on the day. It was fun to get myself to work and do a good job. I worked three and a half hours then helped my daughter by watching her little one. I'm careful with my energy around him and take frequent energy breaks - like suggesting we read a book or two so I can sit for a few minutes. If he's busy playing I will sit on the sidelines and rest.. Those few minutes here and there help me deal with the boundless energy of a three year old. When he says, "Can I jump on you?" I laugh and say - maybe another time." We're good buddies and I don't think he notices my dips in energy. I love to be there for him. But boy do I feel it for the rest of the day.

I long for the days when I could do what I wanted when I wanted to do it - a long walk in the woods - no problem. A day at the beach battling the waves - bring it on! Challenging work with gifted educators - of course. A day wandering through shops and a girlfriend lunch - divine. Today I am writing this on my laptop, in bed. It's another slow start but I have to be in the office in just another hour and a half. I'll get myself together and put on my happy face. My motto - fake it 'til you make it. Act as if you're okay and maybe your body will be tricked into another good day! In my mind I'm still that person who was fully engaged in the activities of life. Right now, my engagement is limited. It will be better. It is my choice to do everything I can to make it so. Bring THAT on!

No comments:

Post a Comment