Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 12 - Borrowed Energy

There are people in my life that just pump me up. When I'm with them I can feel a difference in my energy level and my overall sense of well-being. I have one friend who tells me straight out - when you are down on your energy - you can borrow some of mine. And I do! In every part of my life I have those dear and wonderful people and I count my blessings every day for their presence and for the gift of their lightness and uplifting perspective on all manner of things.

It's not just people, though that give me an extra boost of energy - music from my growing up years, my spiritual reading and practice, a place in nature or in the excitement of being in a big city do it for me. All through my day I look for opportunities to feel better by focusing on the good stuff that goes on all around me. Too much radio or TV news gets me down and I feel like I have to drag myself through all that muck and it just isn't good for me. I start my day with upbeat and happy music rather than a list of all the terrible things going on in the world. I like to stay informed, but a little bit of that stuff goes a long way!

Whenever I borrow something I know I have to give it back. So when I am out and about I do my best to share a positive word or a smile. When I have a short and positive exchange with someone I might be giving them a needed little boost and it sure feels good to me. On my worst days there isn't much energy for me to share. On those days I certainly still look for ways to get more energized and I need to have those strategies in place to make my day a little better. So the bottom line for me is that each day we have opportunities to take a little energy when we need it and give a little energy when we can. In the end we all get a boost!

2 comments:

  1. You can borrow energy from me whenever you need. Just tell me and I'm there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have accomplished a lot and had a very full life on your present energy level. It makes me dizzy to think how you would be with all cylinders going! Maybe your body is telling you, forcing you, to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete