Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 2 - So Many Details

Recovery from ANYTHING is like a part-time job. A medical condition requires appointments, tests, trips to the drug store, med schedules, research and reading for support and education, therapies and of course a system for organizing all of it. Organization at home has never been my strong suit. I do what I can to keep it all together but it's sometimes a fragile balance. Throw in a few bad fibro days each week and I'm always playing catch up. It can get discouraging to have bills to pay (online, of course for ease), laundry to sort-do-and put away, mail that comes in by the stack, the cat box to clean and always someone to call about something to do with the house all calling for attention.


Another part of the notebook will be my inspiration pages - this will be pictures, quotes, cards, bits of information or anything else that tickles, supports, enriches or empowers me. Those kind of pages give me a mental boost and I know that they will add energy to my journey. Knowing that I have a system to rely on frees my mind and emotions from worry and additional stress. My goal is to get better, feel better and live better. I've heard that the devil's in the details - but not for this lady. I'm making a devilish task more user friendly and taking control of something I can actually change - now!

Enter the project notebook. Whenever I have a big project either at home or at work there is a notebook involved. So on Day 2 of my journey I got a new file folder notebook and have already started to feel more settled with everything I have to do. My workbook is in there as well as all the information pages my Lady Doc gave to me. Whatever communication I get or need to do will be in that book. I can just plop stuff in there on bad days and take time to organize on days I feel up to it. My notebook will be my "go to" place this year as I navigate the details of my big view of increased wellness this year.

3 comments:

  1. I like your notebook strategy. Whatever works is the name of the game.
    Love you!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be watching your blog. I have had fms/cfs since 1975 and am looking forward to the day when I can aford to go to FFC. I am blogging my experience also. If your interested at fmsjerrysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jerry. It did pinch a bit when I handed over my credit card but I really do have faith in this program. Glad you'll be following along.
    And Kathleen, thatnks for being supportive!

    ReplyDelete