Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 184 - I May Be Special, But Not Because I Have Fibro

 It's been a long full day, after a long full week and I am beat. But it's a good kind of tired. I accomplished a lot this week and I did it without any major health issues. I could deal with the little bits and pieces that came up and I feel ready to take on the rest of my weekend tomorrow. It's my hubby's birthday and we're having the whole family over, so it's going to be a great day. Today was spent pretty much on the road picking up my younger daughter from her group home. When we got to the area of Pennsylvania where she lives, we were surprised buy a snow storm that covered the roads and slowed down the return trip. All in all we managed it well, finished our day with a visit with my husband's sister and now I'm waiting for my daughter to settle down and go to sleep. It's late and I can't go to sleep until she does.
 
I like feeling an every-day, just- like-everyone-else kind of tired, that comes from effort and activity and accomplishment. I shouldn't expect not to be tired at the end of a full week like this because not everything is about living with fibro. Everyone feels exhausted in a way that goes beyond tired from time to time, People get headaches and body aches and have medical stuff that comes and goes, just like I do. I like to remember that I'm not unique in that regard. Actually it's nice to just forget about fibo and feel the way every other woman my age can feel.
 
It's really important to me not to get my identity all wrapped up in a medical condition. I am so much more than a medical diagnosis and I may be special, but not because I have fibro. I like when the fibro fades into the background and all the other important aspects of my life take center stage. I'm thinking that my three weeks away from the cold has paid off. Before Florida, this kind of a week would have put me flat on my back or I never would have made it through the week without a major crash. I did have a mini-crash yesterday morning, but I recovered and was able to get to work on the afternoon. That's pretty good. I've had a stressful week but I've had a normal response to it. Normal is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment