Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 180 - A Banner Day - Half-way to Wellness?

It's a banner day. I'm six months into my one-year wellness plan and I'm still excited and seeing some progress. It is clear to me that in order to be well, I have to do, what I have to do - no short cuts, no waivering, just putting one foot in front of the next with faith, confidence and determination. I am paying attention to the many nuances of living a healthy lifestyle and I have come to accept this condition without succumbing to it. This is a true journey of body and soul and I have been blessed with a wonderful doctor, great friends and colleagues and of course, my loving and devoted family. I could not do this alone and I know, deep in my bones, that I don't have to. I am blessed.
 
So what has changed since I began my search for healing and wellness? I'm sleeping better - all through the night as a matter of fact, I still wake up slowly and mornings are not my best time, but I did notice that in the warmer weather I did better. I've lost my tummy weight which I attribute to the probiotics I take as part of my plan. It represents a solid two pound of weight I have not regained. My blood work is also revealing progress - better cortisol level, white blood count, improving thyroid levels and vitamin D as well. My pain is decreased and I have less stiffness in the morning when I get up. I have fewer major crash days - is that the warmer weather for the past three weeks or something more permanent? I don't know. My crashes aren't as deep and I don't feel as sick on a crash day.
 
What still needs to improve? My energy level is still compromised, but limiting my activity is helping. I'm pushing much less than I had been (but I'm still missing a fuller life). My thyroid levels still need to improve and with that, my energy will surely increase. I need to feel more rested when I wake up. Mornings are still a drag. My double vision still strikes when my eyes get the least bit fatigued. That's really frustrating. My migraines continue to strike at unexpected times and morning headaches are a particular problem. My brain fog still gets in the way of my thinking and my forgetfulness is just plain annoying. I have made numerous adjustments in the way I live my life and I am more healthy, overall, than I was six months ago. I have to believe that the fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue I live with are on their way to being managed. With each gain, I reach a new normal. My life is different that it was, in some ways better and richer and in other ways, well, let's just say living with fibro is no picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment