Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 176 - Sometimes a Piece of Pie is All I Need

Some days just call for a big ole piece of Key Lime Pie. I put the name in capital letters because that kind of yummy, delicious pie deserves to be honored. Some days call for chocolate, others for ice cream. Some days I crave something sweet and because I am typically good about choosing healthy foods, I go for the gooey stuff when the mood strikes me. Today, the sweetness plus a little bit of tartness of my pie fit the bill. There is nothing like a nice cup of coffee and a dessert, shared with my hubby or a friend. Wellness comes in many packages and a package with calories, sugar and fat can still be part of an overall plan for being well, as long as I don't overdo it.

Today was a pretty good day, with a couple of bumps. Nothing that some relaxation and a different focus couldn't cure. That's where the pie comes in. Desserts are a great way to punctuate a good meal, or smooth away the remainders of a day that wasn't so perfect. I believe in healthy, but I also believe in fun and a treat every now and then. I know that I make good choices that nourish my body and keep it strong. I also have to feed my soul and I do that with nature, music, art and other things that make me happy. Who says a piece of pie can't feed my soul?

So, my pie is half finished and it is gooo-oood. I am eating it slowly, in very little bites so it will last longer. I haven't made my cup of tea, but that's next. I took a break in the middle of my blogging to stop and enjoy it. I couldn't possibly eat it while I'm writing - it deserves my full attention. I'll sit and finish it when this is done. I love enjoying the little things in life and finding what will make my day just a little bit better. One day it's pie, on another day it's something else that catches my fancy. I like to turn around the things that happen in my day that don't make me feel so great. I have been working all afternoon on shaking off the not-so-great part of my day and I think, for now, it's better. Tomorrow, with its own wrinkles and bumps will be here soon enough, and I can deal with it then. Until then, my piece of pie has done its work.

No comments:

Post a Comment